Comfort Roof Control Module for
Further information and manuals for all products can be found on our web site
w w w . m o d s 4 c a r s . c o m
|We explicitly point out that all functions of this control unit should be used only while exercising caution and responsibility. We can NOT be held liable for any damage or injury caused by installing or using this product.|
PLEASE READ THE COMPLETE MANUAL CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS PRODUCT.
|Important Information. READ BEFORE INSTALLING!|
|PRINTING THIS MANUAL|
This manual is designed to produce completely filled pages. In order to get best print results, simply set the borders to minimum settings in the browser's page setup menu and disable headers and footers.
Activate the print preview and if necessary decrease the zoom level until all pages are shown correctly.
ALL IMAGES CAN BE CLICKED FOR FULL SIZE in the browser.
|TROUBLE SHOOTING - NEED TO CONTACT US?|
If you run into any problems after installing the module, please go over the manual again in great detail, clicking every photo for full size!
We now have a full Knowledge Base with Support Ticket system available online at www.mods4cars.com/support
If you need to contact us, the best and fastest way to do so is by opening a support ticket there
|This module comes with our USB Field Upgrade and Configuration Port! We recommend connecting it to a computer BEFORE YOU INSTALL and using our support app "m4cconnect" to do a quick firmware update check. M4cconnect as well as all other information regarding USB update and configuration can be found at www.mods4cars.com/usb. You can even configure and activate your favorite module functions and settings on screen before the module is installed in the car! It is a good idea to permanently install the USB cable with the module in the car, leaving the computer plug in an easily accessible spot for later use with a Wifi/3G/4G connected laptop.|
IMPORTANT TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS
If the top does not work properly or at all after installing the module, these tips can be very helpful:
• 1) Turn Function 1 (Main Switch) off (Setting 0). The module will be completely passive. If the problem still persists and the top won't work, check all connections. Please also check the green DATA LED on the module!
• 2) Function 2 now has a valet mode (Setting 2) on many modules. Valet mode completely disables opening of the top. Check the setting for function 2 and make sure the module is NOT in valet mode!
IMPORTANT: Not all modules have the valet mode! Please check the Operation and Programming Manual!
FUNCTION OF THE DATA LED
The DATA LED shows the module status and helps troubleshooting issues during installation:
• When the ignition is ON: The LED should BLINK (flash) in a regular pattern (about 1x per second). This indicates that the module is receiving data and should work OK.
• When the ignition is OFF: The LED should BLINK (flash) as long as the data bus is still active and turn off after a while (max 5 min) indicating that the car has entered stand-by (sleep) mode.
• If the LED is permanently lit with the ignition ON, the module is NOT receiving data from the top controller and all connectors should be checked.
• If the LED does NOT light up at all when turning the ignition ON, the module is either not getting power or not receiving ANY data. All connectors should be checked.
|Installation - Steps 1-3|
|1. Completely close the top and turn the ignition off. Open the trunk, empty it and flip the luggage divider up. Remove the bottom, then pull the center pegs out of all the carpet rivets to remove the entire carpet cover.|
|2. Under the carpet cover there is a big aluminum plate. It is secured with the 18 marked torx screws. Remove all of them.|
|3. Lift the aluminum plate upwards and to the front to remove it.|
|Installation - Steps 4-6|
|4. Under the aluminum plate there is a fuse box. Remove the two torx screws (1) and (2).|
|5. Flip the entire fuse box up sideways as shown. Behind it is the white top controller box.|
|6. The three plugs in the top row of the top controller box need to be removed. The two right ones are secured with locking levers which need to be flipped up as shown to eject them.|
|Installation - Steps 7-9|
|7. The top controller shown with the right two plugs removed.|
|8. For better visualization this photo shows the same top controller exposed on a C-Class: Remove the grey plug (1) by squeezing the locking levers on both sides while wiggling it out. Flip the locking levers up on the yellow plug (2) and the white plug (3) in order to eject them.|
|9. Connect the three plugs from the module harness to the control unit, then connect the original plugs to the matching sockets on the harness. Make sure to push them in hard until they line up and latch as shown. Lastly, connect the module to the end of the harness and tap the unlock button on the remote once. The DATA LED on the module should now blink slowly and indicate a successful installation. Configure the module according to our operation and programming manual.|