Comfort Roof Control Module for
Further information and manuals for all products can be found on our web site
w w w . m o d s 4 c a r s . c o m
|We explicitly point out that all functions of this control unit should be used only while exercising caution and responsibility. We can NOT be held liable for any damage or injury caused by installing or using this product.|
PLEASE READ THE COMPLETE MANUAL CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS PRODUCT.
|Important Information. READ BEFORE INSTALLING!|
|PRINTING THIS MANUAL|
This manual is designed to produce completely filled pages. In order to get best print results, simply set the borders to minimum settings in the browser's page setup menu and disable headers and footers.
Activate the print preview and if necessary decrease the zoom level until all pages are shown correctly.
ALL IMAGES CAN BE CLICKED FOR FULL SIZE in the browser.
|TROUBLE SHOOTING - NEED TO CONTACT US?|
If you run into any problems after installing the module, please go over the manual again in great detail, clicking every photo for full size!
We now have a full Knowledge Base with Support Ticket system available online at www.mods4cars.com/support
If you need to contact us, the best and fastest way to do so is by opening a support ticket there
|This module comes with our USB Field Upgrade and Configuration Port! We recommend connecting it to a computer BEFORE YOU INSTALL and using our support app "m4cconnect" to do a quick firmware update check. M4cconnect as well as all other information regarding USB update and configuration can be found at www.mods4cars.com/usb. You can even configure and activate your favorite module functions and settings on screen before the module is installed in the car! It is a good idea to permanently install the USB cable with the module in the car, leaving the computer plug in an easily accessible spot for later use with a Wifi/3G/4G connected laptop.|
IMPORTANT TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS
If the top does not work properly or at all after installing the module, these tips can be very helpful:
• 1) Turn Function 1 (Main Switch) off (Setting 0). The module will be completely passive. If the problem still persists and the top won't work, check all connections. Please also check the green DATA LED on the module!
• 2) Function 2 now has a valet mode (Setting 2) on many modules. Valet mode completely disables opening of the top. Check the setting for function 2 and make sure the module is NOT in valet mode!
IMPORTANT: Not all modules have the valet mode! Please check the Operation and Programming Manual!
FUNCTION OF THE DATA LED
The DATA LED shows the module status and helps troubleshooting issues during installation:
• When the ignition is ON: The LED should BLINK (flash) in a regular pattern (about 1x per second). This indicates that the module is receiving data and should work OK.
• When the ignition is OFF: The LED should BLINK (flash) as long as the data bus is still active and turn off after a while (max 5 min) indicating that the car has entered stand-by (sleep) mode.
• If the LED is permanently lit with the ignition ON, the module is NOT receiving data from the top controller and all connectors should be checked.
• If the LED does NOT light up at all when turning the ignition ON, the module is either not getting power or not receiving ANY data. All connectors should be checked.
|Installation - Steps 1-3|
|1. Begin with the roof closed, the car unlocked and the ignition fully OFF. Open the trunk (boot lid) and lift up and remove the carpeted luggage floor.|
|2. Remove the 4 plastic rivets in the front wall by pulling the centers out first.|
|3. Grab under the plastic piece and pull upward. It is snapped into place in several spots.|
|Installation - Steps 4-6|
|4. Disconnect the plug to the light.|
|5. Remove the two torx screws on the right side of the trunk. In order to lift up the plastic caps, carefully insert a small knife or screw driver and push sideways and up.|
|6. Remove the three plastic rivets like before by pulling the centers out.|
|Installation - Steps 7-9|
|7. Now fold the whole side piece over to the left and remove it.|
|8. Pull hard on the bottom of the rear wall. It is snapped into place on the bottom. Only pull on the bottom as it is hooked under on the top.|
|9. Shown here are the snapping mechanisms on the bottom of the plastic wall piece.|
|Installation - Steps 10-12|
|10. Behind the wall on the right is the white roof controller box. The rightmost black connector needs to be removed by pressing in on the locking tab while flipping the locking lever over.|
|11. The plug shown in disconnected condition. Connect the original plug with the matching socket on the module wiring harness, then connect the plug from the wiring harness to the roof controller. Make sure the locking levers flip up and latch into place securely.|
|12. Finally, connect the smartTOP module to the 16-way connector on the harness. Tap the unlock button on your remote key fob once and the green data LED should now blink, indicating that the module is ready for use. Refer to the Operation and Programming manual to configure the SmartTop module.|