OPERATION AND PROGRAMMING
Comfort Roof Control Module for
Further information and manuals for all products can be found on our web site
w w w . m o d s 4 c a r s . c o m
|We explicitly point out that all functions of this control unit should be used only while exercising caution and responsibility. We can NOT be held liable for any damage or injury caused by installing or using this product.|
PLEASE READ THE COMPLETE MANUAL CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS PRODUCT.
|Important Information. READ BEFORE USING!|
|PRINTING THIS MANUAL|
This manual is designed to produce completely filled pages. In order to get best print results, simply set the borders to minimum settings in the browser's page setup menu and disable headers and footers.
Activate the print preview and if necessary decrease the zoom level until all pages are shown correctly.
ALL IMAGES CAN BE CLICKED FOR FULL SIZE in the browser.
|TROUBLE SHOOTING - NEED TO CONTACT US?|
If you run into any problems after installing the module, please go over the manual again in great detail, clicking every photo for full size!
We now have a full Knowledge Base with Support Ticket system available online at www.mods4cars.com/support
If you need to contact us, the best and fastest way to do so is by opening a support ticket there
|This module comes with our USB Field Upgrade and Configuration Port! We recommend connecting it to a computer BEFORE YOU INSTALL and using our support app "m4cconnect" to do a quick firmware update check. M4cconnect as well as all other information regarding USB update and configuration can be found at www.mods4cars.com/usb. You can even configure and activate your favorite module functions and settings on screen before the module is installed in the car! It is a good idea to permanently install the USB cable with the module in the car, leaving the computer plug in an easily accessible spot for later use with a Wifi/3G/4G connected laptop.|
|Detailed function description (* = Factory setting)|
Function 1 - Main Switch - Workshop and Diagnostics ( 0=OFF / *1=ON / 2=NO HAZARDS )|
The module can quickly and easily be enabled and disabled using this function. It acts like a master switch. When disabled, the module becomes completely inactive and behaves as if it was not installed.
Setting 0 disables the entire module while keeping all other function settings intact. This allows turning the module off and back on without the need to reconfigure all of the other user configurable settings.
Setting 2 disables blinking of the hazards during remote operation.
IMPORTANT: In order to avoid problems with diagnostic tools and to avoid confusion or injury by unexpected top movement, we urge you to ALWAYS DISABLE the module before taking the car to a shop or lending it to a third person! If problems with the top arise while the module is installed, ALWAYS contact Mods4Cars first at www.mods4cars.com. NEVER take the car to a dealer without getting support first!
Function 2 - One-Touch Top Control ( 0=OFF / *1=ON WU / 2=ON WD / 3=EXT WU / 4=EXT WD )
This function enables one-touch console switch operation, for which the window position after top open as well as an optional extended convenience mode can be programmed.
Setting 1 is standard one-touch mode with windows up (WU) after top open.
Setting 2 is standard one-touch mode with windows down (WD) after top open.
Settings 3 and 4 (extended) are the same as 1 and 2, but additionally it is possible to turn off the ignition and pull the key while the top still continues.
Settings 3 and 4 require extra responsibility and caution to avoid injury by moving top parts to passengers not expecting the top to continue running after the engine is turned off!
Top operation with the console switch:
• Holding down the switch (>2 sec) in either direction will operate the top in manual mode for as long as the switch is held.
• Tap open 1x briefly to open the top and bring the windows into the programmed position (WU=Windows Up, WD=Windows Down).
• Tap open 2x briefly to open the top and bring the windows into the opposite position this one time (Down on settings 1 and 3, Up on settings 2 and 4).
• Tap close 1x briefly to close top and windows.
• Tap close 2x briefly to close only the top and leave the windows open.
• Tap the console switch in any direction to interrupt an ongoing operation at any time - even if the top was started by remote!
Comfort close for all windows:
• Tap the top close switch when the top is already closed to roll all windows up.
Function 3 - Remote Top Control ( 0=OFF / *1=ON WU / 2=ON WD / 3=EXT WU / 4=EXT WD )
This function allows full automatic top operation with the original remote fob by pressing the lock and unlock buttons.
Also here it is possible to determine (independently from operation via the center console switch) the position of the windows after opening the top.
Setting 1 is standard remote mode with windows up (WU) after top open.
Setting 2 is standard remote mode with windows down (WD) after top open.
Settings 3 and 4 (extended) are the same as 1 and 2, only that it is possible to turn the ignition on and start the engine while the top still continues. Additionally getting out of the car and locking the doors by remote will not interrupt an ongoing top operation.
Settings 3 and 4 require extra responsibility and caution to avoid injury by moving top parts, as locking the (previously unlocked) doors with the remote will not stop the top! Some firmware/model combinations also allow unlocking the (locked) doors while the top stil runs.
Top operation with the remote fob:
• Hold open down for about 1 sec. to open all windows.
• Hold open down for about 4 sec. to open the top and bring the windows into the programmed position (WU=Windows Up, WD=Windows Down)
• Hold open down for about 4 sec., let go and tap open again briefly to open the top and bring the windows into the opposite position this one time (Down on settings 1 and 3, Up on settings 2 and 4).
• Hold close down for about 1 sec. to close all windows.
• Hold close down for about 4 sec. to close the top and all windows.
• Hold close down for about 4 sec., let go and tap close again briefly to close only the roof and leave the windows open.
• To interrupt an ongoing operation, tap open or close. IMPORTANT: Keep in mind that Extended mode (setting 3 and 4) allows one time change of the door locks! In such case a second key press will be necessary to stop the top!
Function 4 - Maximum allowed speed for top operation ( *0=0kmh / 1=10kmh / 2=20kmh / 3=30kmh / 4=40kmh )
Setting the max allowed speed for top operation in steps of 10km/h (~7mph). Setting 0 only allows roof operation while halted.
The top can already be opened up to about 30km/h from the factory. Here any setting below the factory limit will lower it. The limit can be raised with this function to max. 40 km/h (AT YOUR OWN RISK).
WARNING: Once the top is started within the programmed speed limit, it will continue running, even if the speed later exceeds the limit during the top operation!
Function 5 - Keyless Top Control ( *0=OFF / 1=CLOSE / 2=OPEN AND CLOSE )
This function allows to close and open the convertible top by touching the door handle (requires Keyless Entry option!)
Setting 1 only allows closing the top, setting 2 allows closing and opening.
IMPORTANT: Function 3 (Remote Top Control) must be enabled as well for door handle operation to work!
Top operation with the Keyless Entry door handle:
Open (requires setting 2):
• Tap lock sensor 2x (in 1 sec intervals), then grab inside the door handle (doors will unlock) to open the top and bring the windows into the position selected in function 3.
• Tap lock sensor 3x (in 1 sec intervals), then grab inside the door handle (doors will unlock) to open the top and bring the windows into the opposite position this one time.
Close (setting 1 or 2):
• Tap lock sensor 3x (in 1 sec intervals) to close top and windows.
• Tap lock sensor 3x (in 1 sec intervals) while the top is already closed to close all windows.
• To interrupt an ongoing operation works in a similar fashion as funktion 3, by touching the door handle again. The same restrictions apply when using the extended mode (function 3 - setting 3 or 4)!
|This module is equipped with our interactive setup feature to allow easy setting of the desired options.|
|All programming is done by using the rooftop switch (4) and the two green turn signal (indicator) arrows (2 and 3). Functions are indicated by the left arrow (2) and their settings are indicated by the right arrow (3). Navigation is done by tapping TOP CLOSE (next function) or tapping TOP OPEN (next setting). After selecting the last function or function setting, the setup automatically jumps back to the first function / lowest setting. Each time either a new function is selected or a function's setting is changed, the arrows will indicate the new status by first blinking the function (left arrow) and then the current setting (right arrow).|
To enter programming mode: Turn the ignition fully ON, then push and hold the driver's door unlock switch (1) until the left arrow blinks once to indicate function 1. Now let go of the switch.
From this point on you can navigate through the functions by tapping CLOSE and once the arrows are finished indicating the function and setting, change the setting by tapping OPEN. The new settings are active immediately.|
To end programming mode, either wait for 30 sec. or push the unlock switch again. End of programming mode is indicated by both arrows lighting up simultaneously for 1 second.
|Function/Setting Matrix (*green fields are defaults)|
|Product: STLFBY1 - SmartTOP for Bentley Continental GTC|
|SETTING 0||SETTING 1||SETTING 2||SETTING 3||SETTING 4|
|Main Switch||Module Disabled||Module Enabled||Module Enabled + Hazard Blinkers off|
|FUNCTION 2||OFF||*ON WU||ON WD||EXT WU||EXT WD|
|Conv. Top One-Touch||Don't change center console switch behavior||Enabled + windows up after top open||Same as 1 but windows down after top open||Allow ignition off during top operation||Same as 3 but windows down after top open|
|FUNCTION 3||OFF||*ON WU||ON WD||EXT WU||EXT WD|
|Remote Control||No remote functions||Enabled + windows up after top open||Same as 1 but windows down after top open||Allow ignition on during top operation||Same as 3 but windows down after top open|
|FUNCTION 4||*0 km/h||10 km/h||20 km/h||30 km/h||40 km/h|
|Maximum Speed||Only while halted||10 km/h (~7mph)||20 km/h (~13mph)||30 km/h (~19mph)||40 km/h (~25mph)|
|FUNCTION 5||*OFF||CLOSE ONLY||OPEN/CLOSE||-||-|
|Keyless Operation||Factory behavior||Tap handle lock sensor 3x to raise top||3x lock to raise top|
2x lock and 1x unlock to lower top