Comfort Roof Control Module for
Further information and manuals for all products can be found on our web site
w w w . m o d s 4 c a r s . c o m
|We explicitly point out that all functions of this control unit should be used only while exercising caution and responsibility. We can NOT be held liable for any damage or injury caused by installing or using this product.|
PLEASE READ THE COMPLETE MANUAL CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS PRODUCT.
|Important Information. READ BEFORE INSTALLING!|
|PRINTING THIS MANUAL|
This manual is designed to produce completely filled pages. In order to get best print results, simply set the borders to minimum settings in the browser's page setup menu and disable headers and footers.
Activate the print preview and if necessary decrease the zoom level until all pages are shown correctly.
ALL IMAGES CAN BE CLICKED FOR FULL SIZE in the browser.
|TROUBLE SHOOTING - NEED TO CONTACT US?|
If you run into any problems after installing the module, please go over the manual again in great detail, clicking every photo for full size!
We now have a full Knowledge Base with Support Ticket system available online at www.mods4cars.com/support
If you need to contact us, the best and fastest way to do so is by opening a support ticket there
|This module comes with our USB Field Upgrade and Configuration Port! We recommend connecting it to a computer BEFORE YOU INSTALL and using our support app "m4cconnect" to do a quick firmware update check. M4cconnect as well as all other information regarding USB update and configuration can be found at www.mods4cars.com/usb. You can even configure and activate your favorite module functions and settings on screen before the module is installed in the car! It is a good idea to permanently install the USB cable with the module in the car, leaving the computer plug in an easily accessible spot for later use with a Wifi/3G/4G connected laptop.|
IMPORTANT TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS
If the top does not work properly or at all after installing the module, these tips can be very helpful:
• 1) Turn Function 1 (Main Switch) off (Setting 0). The module will be completely passive. If the problem still persists and the top won't work, check all connections. Please also check the green DATA LED on the module!
• 2) Function 2 now has a valet mode (Setting 2) on many modules. Valet mode completely disables opening of the top. Check the setting for function 2 and make sure the module is NOT in valet mode!
IMPORTANT: Not all modules have the valet mode! Please check the Operation and Programming Manual!
FUNCTION OF THE DATA LED
The DATA LED shows the module status and helps troubleshooting issues during installation:
• When the ignition is ON: The LED should BLINK (flash) in a regular pattern (about 1x per second). This indicates that the module is receiving data and should work OK.
• When the ignition is OFF: The LED should BLINK (flash) as long as the data bus is still active and turn off after a while (max 5 min) indicating that the car has entered stand-by (sleep) mode.
• If the LED is permanently lit with the ignition ON, the module is NOT receiving data from the top controller and all connectors should be checked.
• If the LED does NOT light up at all when turning the ignition ON, the module is either not getting power or not receiving ANY data. All connectors should be checked.
|Installation - Steps 1-3|
|1. Turn ignition off and pull key before installing! Open the trunk and remove the bottom lid. The convertible top controller is hidden behind the cover (1) and needs to be accessed. Remove side cover (2) and inspect the luggage strap buckle (3) which will have to be removed in step 3.|
|2. Remove torx screw on the bottom of the fuse board.|
|3. Now remove the two 12 point screws inside the buckle. Find a tool that fits. A hex key or torx has been reported to do the trick.|
|Installation - Steps 4-6|
|4. Remove entire side piece. There is one very tight snap clip in the middle very close to the hole for the buckle. Some force is required to pull it out. Then disconnect the lamp and put all side panels aside.|
|5. Pull carpeted back cover towards you to reveal the aluminum bracket which is right in front of the convertible top controller. Now 4 nuts and 2 screws need to be removed. Start with the nuts on the bottom.|
|6. Remove the two 12 point screws in the middle.|
|Installation - Steps 7-9|
|7. Lastly, remove the two nuts on the top, then the bracket can be pulled out and tipped forward to allow access to the top controller.|
|8. Remove the left and right plugs (1 and 2) from the top controller. The latch mechanism must be pushed down and is clearly visible in this picture.|
|9. Connect the two plugs from the module harness to the roof controller, then connect the original plugs to the matching sockets on the harness. Lastly, connect the module itself and tap the unlock button on the remote once. The green DATA LED on the module should blink and indicate a successful installation. Configure the module using the Operation and Programming manual.|