INSTALLATION AUDI A5
Comfort Roof Control Module for
v4 (Dual T-Harness)
Further information and manuals for all products can be found on our web site
w w w . m o d s 4 c a r s . c o m
|We explicitly point out that all functions of this control unit should be used only while exercising caution and responsibility. We can NOT be held liable for any damage or injury caused by installing or using this product.|
PLEASE READ THE COMPLETE MANUAL CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS PRODUCT.
|Important Information. READ BEFORE INSTALLING!|
|PRINTING THIS MANUAL|
This manual is designed to produce completely filled pages. In order to get best print results, simply set the borders to minimum settings in the browser's page setup menu and disable headers and footers.
Activate the print preview and if necessary decrease the zoom level until all pages are shown correctly.
ALL IMAGES CAN BE CLICKED FOR FULL SIZE in the browser.
|TROUBLE SHOOTING - NEED TO CONTACT US?|
If you run into any problems after installing the module, please go over the manual again in great detail, clicking every photo for full size!
We now have a full Knowledge Base with Support Ticket system available online at www.mods4cars.com/support
If you need to contact us, the best and fastest way to do so is by opening a support ticket there
|This module comes with our USB Field Upgrade and Configuration Port! We recommend connecting it to a computer BEFORE YOU INSTALL and using our support app "m4cconnect" to do a quick firmware update check. M4cconnect as well as all other information regarding USB update and configuration can be found at www.mods4cars.com/usb. You can even configure and activate your favorite module functions and settings on screen before the module is installed in the car! It is a good idea to permanently install the USB cable with the module in the car, leaving the computer plug in an easily accessible spot for later use with a Wifi/3G/4G connected laptop.|
IMPORTANT TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS
If the top does not work properly or at all after installing the module, these tips can be very helpful:
• 1) Turn Function 1 (Main Switch) off (Setting 0). The module will be completely passive. If the problem still persists and the top won't work, check all connections. Please also check the green DATA LED on the module!
• 2) Function 2 now has a valet mode (Setting 2) on many modules. Valet mode completely disables opening of the top. Check the setting for function 2 and make sure the module is NOT in valet mode!
IMPORTANT: Not all modules have the valet mode! Please check the Operation and Programming Manual!
FUNCTION OF THE DATA LED
The DATA LED shows the module status and helps troubleshooting issues during installation:
• When the ignition is ON: The LED should BLINK (flash) in a regular pattern (about 1x per second). This indicates that the module is receiving data and should work OK.
• When the ignition is OFF: The LED should BLINK (flash) as long as the data bus is still active and turn off after a while (max 5 min) indicating that the car has entered stand-by (sleep) mode.
• If the LED is permanently lit with the ignition ON, the module is NOT receiving data from the top controller and all connectors should be checked.
• If the LED does NOT light up at all when turning the ignition ON, the module is either not getting power or not receiving ANY data. All connectors should be checked.
|Installation - Steps 1-3|
|1. Turn the ignition completely off before installing! Open the trunk and flip down the storage compartment lid on the right.|
|2. Behind the lid is the roof top controller with one black, one red and one yellow connector.|
|3. Remove the big black connector and the yellow connector from the top controller by pushing in the latch on its back. Pull the plug straight down and wiggle it while pushing the tab in. Because the latches are on the back and can not be seen, look at the plug on the module harness for a reference. A small screw driver, carefully pushed between the socket wall and the latch with one hand while pulling and wiggling with force with the other hand can help get the plugs out. Otherwise simply undo the two nuts on the sides to gain better access to the front of the top controller box.|
|Installation - Steps 4-6|
|4. Connect the big black plug to the matching socket (1) on the module harness, then connect the yellow connector to the matching socket (2), both times making sure that they latch and lock in place securely.|
|5. Connect the black plug from the module harness to the socket (1) on the top controller, then connect the yellow connector as well (2). Now connect the smartTOP module to the 16-way connector on the other end of the harness.|
|6. Attach the module as shown using the velcro sticker. Tuck all connectors out of the way so the storage box can fold back into the space. We recommend leaving the USB cable connected for quick and easy configuration and updates via Laptop. Tap the unlock button on the remote once briefly to wake up the system and check the green LED on the module. It should blink slowly. Remember to configure the module settings according to our Operation and Programming Manual.|