Comfort Roof Control Module for
Further information and manuals for all products can be found on our web site
w w w . m o d s 4 c a r s . c o m
|We explicitly point out that all functions of this control unit should be used only while exercising caution and responsibility. We can NOT be held liable for any damage or injury caused by installing or using this product.|
PLEASE READ THE COMPLETE MANUAL CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS PRODUCT.
|Important Information. READ BEFORE INSTALLING!|
|PRINTING THIS MANUAL|
This manual is designed to produce completely filled pages. In order to get best print results, simply set the borders to minimum settings in the browser's page setup menu and disable headers and footers.
Activate the print preview and if necessary decrease the zoom level until all pages are shown correctly.
ALL IMAGES CAN BE CLICKED FOR FULL SIZE in the browser.
|TROUBLE SHOOTING - NEED TO CONTACT US?|
If you run into any problems after installing the module, please go over the manual again in great detail, clicking every photo for full size!
We now have a full Knowledge Base with Support Ticket system available online at www.mods4cars.com/support
If you need to contact us, the best and fastest way to do so is by opening a support ticket there
|This module comes with our USB Field Upgrade and Configuration Port! We recommend connecting it to a computer BEFORE YOU INSTALL and using our support app "m4cconnect" to do a quick firmware update check. M4cconnect as well as all other information regarding USB update and configuration can be found at www.mods4cars.com/usb. You can even configure and activate your favorite module functions and settings on screen before the module is installed in the car! It is a good idea to permanently install the USB cable with the module in the car, leaving the computer plug in an easily accessible spot for later use with a Wifi/3G/4G connected laptop.|
IMPORTANT TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS
If the top does not work properly or at all after installing the module, these tips can be very helpful:
• 1) Turn Function 1 (Main Switch) off (Setting 0). The module will be completely passive. If the problem still persists and the top won't work, check all connections. Please also check the green DATA LED on the module!
• 2) Function 2 now has a valet mode (Setting 2) on many modules. Valet mode completely disables opening of the top. Check the setting for function 2 and make sure the module is NOT in valet mode!
IMPORTANT: Not all modules have the valet mode! Please check the Operation and Programming Manual!
FUNCTION OF THE DATA LED
The DATA LED shows the module status and helps troubleshooting issues during installation:
• When the ignition is ON: The LED should BLINK (flash) in a regular pattern (about 1x per second). This indicates that the module is receiving data and should work OK.
• When the ignition is OFF: The LED should BLINK (flash) as long as the data bus is still active and turn off after a while (max 5 min) indicating that the car has entered stand-by (sleep) mode.
• If the LED is permanently lit with the ignition ON, the module is NOT receiving data from the top controller and all connectors should be checked.
• If the LED does NOT light up at all when turning the ignition ON, the module is either not getting power or not receiving ANY data. All connectors should be checked.
|Installation - Steps 1-3|
|1. IMPORTANT: Turn off ignition and pull key out before installing! Open the top half-way to the "Service position", as shown, to access the carpeted area beneath. |
WARNING: NEVER try to manually move the two mechanical flaps (1) on the sides of the cover lid. This will damage the very sensitive mechanism and will require a visit at the dealer to be fixed.
|2. Remove the screw caps (1) on both sides, then lift up the carpeted board.|
|3. Under the board on the driver's (left) side of the car is the convertible top controller box. It is mounted under a transparent plastic cover. Remove both nuts (1 and 2), then remove plastic cover.|
|Installation - Steps 4-6|
|4. Locate the rightmost (green) plug (1) and the second plug from the left (2).|
|5. Remove both the grey and green plugs. They are secured into place with locking mechanisms. Look at the same plugs on the module harness to understand where to press to unlock.|
|6. Connect the original plugs with the matching sockets on the wiring harness. Make sure they latch into place. Some force may be needed to make sure the plugs go all the way into the sockets.|
|Installation - Steps 7-9|
|7. Connect the two plugs on the harness to the top controller. Also make sure both of them latch into place securely.|
|8. Connect the smartTOP module to the black plug on the harness. At this point check the installation by tapping the unlock button on the remote. The LED on the module should BLINK slowly to indicate a successful installation.|
|9. Insert the smartTOP module along with the convertible top controller into the plastic bag and secure with the nuts removed earlier. Replace carpeted cover and tighten the screw caps. We recommend connecting the USB cable and leaving it in an accessible spot for easy updates and module configuration via laptop.|